On Oct 29, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Robert T Wyatt wrote:

> Alexander K. Hansen wrote:
>> Alexander K. Hansen wrote:
>>> It seems like the new Xcode isn't always giving people a working
>>> gcc_select, which is what fink wants.  A clean install of Xcode,
>>> rather than trying to update in place, has historically helped with
>>> such issues.
>> Ooops...forgot to note how to do the clean install:  at least on
>> <=10.4
>> there's a script called /Developer/Tools/uninstall-devtools.pl that
>> will
>> flush the Xcode install.  Hopefully Leopard isn't different in this.
>
> CHUD failed on mine also. You could run the CHUD.pkg by itself and
> then try to rerun the whole XCode.mpkg, but I think Alex is right
> about the clean install. Unfortunately neither the XCode 2.5 uninstall
> script nor the XCode 3.0 uninstall script worked in the sense that I
> still had a broken gcc_select at the end as well as other legacies in
> the Developer folder.

I did the same.  Still busted on INtel.  On the G5, however, this
strategy worked.  I cleaned out the devtools, then deleted the
Developer directory all together, and reinstalled clean once the
upgrade was done.

> Finally, I wound up doing an 'Archive and Install' of the OS and then
> made sure my /Developer folder was removed and then reinstalled XCode
> 3.0 (from the DVD). This seems to work pretty well, ymmv.

Have yet to test fink on the MacBook, but indeed the 'Archive and
Install' of the OS allowed the dev tools to install cleanly on it.

Now I have to wade through re-installing all the extras that just got
canned...

-Ross-