I set via Preferences the fonts as you have them (and incidentally have tried
many, many others with no better results). The output seems to display the lisp
version of what I would expect (not that I know ANYTHING about lisp, mind you).
 For example, if I define f(x):=x + cos(x), the output is ( ) :=      ( ), so
the operations of f, addition, and cosine, as well as the independent variable
name x, are missing in the output.  If I now input f(%pi); the output is the
Greek symbol pi, some spaces and the numeral 1, rather than pi - 1 (the
operation of subtraction is missing in the output). Also, if I click on the
function name, and press the F1 key, the output line now displays as one would
expect, with both function name and independent variable x. What?
Even a simple input like (%i1) x + 2x; outputs the numeral 3 with no
independent variable x (I suppose a space follows the 3), but if I use the
evaluation operator on this input, that is, ev(%i1,x=3); the output is 9, as
expected.  Wxmaxima is hiding something from me, isn't it?