On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 03:00 PM, David R. Morrison wrote:
> Thanks.  I'll add emacs21 to the list in the porting docs of packages
> which
> are known to not yet compile under Jaguar.
>
> However, note that ncurses is an essential package in Fink, so you
> should
> have gotten curses support even though the library moved in OS X.
>
> I'm puzzled that you did not.
I'm puzzled too. The makefiles are peppered with -lncurses, but running
otool on the binaries gives:
/sw/bin/emacs21:
         /sw/lib/libtiff.3.dylib (compatibility version 3.5.0, current
version 3.5.7)
         /sw/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib (compatibility version 63.0.0, current
version 63.0.0)
         /sw/lib/libpng.2.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.12, current
version 1.0.12)
         /usr/lib/libz.1.1.3.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.1.3)
         /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 55.0.0)

I'm looking into it, but if anybody knows why it would link to libSystem
instead, I'd be curious to hear.

-christian