I have several packages that have very generally named header files.
i.e. uw-imap-c-client which is not using autoconf, and cpdflib. I can install the library in /sw/lib and the header file in /sw/include but with names like misc.h this could be a problem. I would like to install to a different directory like /sw/local/src/c-client.

So the layout would be:

DIR=/usr/local/src/c-client
DIR/lib/c-client.a
DIR/include/misc.h

Making a folder in /sw/include/c-client would be an option, but packages using these libraries would have to be updated to find the new header locations.

Ideas, suggestions?

Best Regards,

Dustin