Jeffrey S Whitaker wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Blair Zajac wrote:
>
> > Also, is there something special about this 3.4-20030827 release?
> > Why isn't g77 built using 3.3.1 or a newer 3.4?  Inquiring minds
> > want to know :)
> >
> > Best,
> > Blair
>
> Blair:
>
> g77 3.4 fixes some bugs that are exposed using the assembler apple ships
> with the gcc 3.3 update (g77 3.3.1 won't work if you have the gcc 3.3
> update).  There is nothing special about the 20030827 snapshot - it was
> just the latest one available when I built the package.

Jeff,

I just noticed that 3.3.2 was released on ftp.gnu.org.  Here are
the fixes in 3.3.2 spec

Darwin (and MacOS X) specific
10900 trampolines crash

PowerPC-specific
11087 [powerpc64-linux] GCC miscompiles raid1.c from linux kernel
11319 loop miscompiled on ppc32
11949 ICE Compiler segfault with ffmpeg -maltivec code

Is the trampoline crash the issue that is fixed in the 3.4 snapshot?
If this isn't the bug, is there a big ID for this bug that we can track?

If 3.3.2 fixes this, maybe it would be good to back g77 down to
a known and released version of gcc.

Best,
Blair

--