You can install it manually--I think the problem is in FC.

What happens for a crash during build is that any .debs that were built
but not installed are still around.  For anything that was in the middle
of compilation, the build directory gets flushed and created fresh from
the source tarball.

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 11:02, Michael Bovee wrote:
> On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 10:55  AM, Alexander Hansen wrote:
>
> > I believe that this is just a server glitch.
> >
> > I had Fink Commander crash when updating gnome-core.  Was this what you
> > were updating?
>
> mmm. yeah, actually gnome-core-dev, I think. So I just keep trying? How
> does fink handle things when it crashes in the middle of a compile?
> Does it recognize an' incomplete state' and just start over?  Just
> curious.
>
> thanks Alexander!
> --Michael

Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
visiting MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center
Levitated Dipole Experiment
175 Albany Street, NW17-219
Cambridge, MA  02139-4213