These are two separate errors:

1)  A crash while updating-all (specifically gnome-core) using Fink
Commander--this can be solved with using the ordinary command line tool.

2)  The CVS error, which looks to be a server glitch--this will affect
anybody (though I didn't have any problems when I updated this morning).

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 11:10, Viktor Haag wrote:
> Alexander Hansen writes:
>  > Other users have reported a Fink Commander crash on updating
>  > gnome-core.  A manual update (fink update gnome-core) works
>  > OK, so the problem is likely in FC.
>
> I don't use fink commander. At least I don't *think* I do. I use
> the fink command line tool.

If you think you don't, then you don't.  It's just a frontend.