Aha! Now that makes sense! So ... are you implying that the only way
to get things right is to run them the "old way" - i.e. X.app first,
then launching X applications afterwards - or would I be better off
creating a script for each X applications in need of copy-paste, and
"force" an xclipboard or xlsclient within the same script?

Thanks,
Stefan