Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2009, at 9:50 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:
>
>> Ben Abbott wrote:
>> []
>>> grep: /usr/X11/lib/libSM.la: No such file or directory
[]
> I assume the link below is good?
>

> http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fink/experimental/costabel/fix-x11-la.sh?view=log

Yes.

> I notice you have an "undo" option (very nice).
>
> In any event, it didn't work for me on 10.6
>
>           -rpath /sw/lib/fontforge -version-info 4:7:0
> libtool: link: warning: `/sw/lib/libfreetype.la' seems to be moved
> grep: /usr/lib/libiconv.la: No such file or directory
> /sw/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libiconv.la: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libiconv.la' is not a valid libtool archive
> make[1]: *** [../libgdraw.la] Error 1

Great. I hadn't even noticed that they removed *all* *.la files, not
only those in X11. I guess nobody has really tried running fink in a
10.5->10.6/32bit upgraded configuration.

I guess this kills it. Either someone comes up very quickly with an idea
how the fink build process can eliminate all *.la files in /sw/lib, or
the upgrade path 10.5->10.6 is dead.

--
Martin