On 6/2/12 12:05 AM, John Hurst wrote:
> G'day,
>
> I have just installed Lion and fink no longer works (well, I wasn't surprised
> at that).
>
> I have installed the Lion XCode package, but fink complains:

What version of Xcode?  If you have Xcode 4.3.x it is quite different
than earlier versions.   In particular, the command line tools,
including rsync, are a separate install.

> ajh@dimboola $ fink selfupdate
> WARNING: you have an incomplete X11 installation.
>   See http://finkproject.org/faq/usage-packages.php#special-x11-debug for
> details on repairing it.

This could use an update, yeah.

> Before changing your selfupdate method to 'rsync', you must install Xcode,
> available on your original OS X install disk, or from
> http://connect.apple.com (after free registration).
> Failed: Selfupdate method 'rsync' cannot be used

This text suggests that you have an older fink version than current.
The current fink (0.32.6) gives text which is applicable to Xcode 4.3.x.

> ajh@dimboola $
>
> The suggested page does not appear to have anything specific to Lion (10.7),
> and talks about installation, not upgrading problems.

Try running

fink-virtual-pkgs --debug 2>&1 | grep -A30 libX11

My suspicion is that you're missing the X11 SDK because that gets
installed as part of the Command Line Tools package for Xcode 4.3.x.

> cheers,
> --John Hurst
> --5 Fran Court, Glen Waverley, VIC 3150                      ~ ~~~&#:
> -- a...@internode.on.net  +61 3 9803 9346         _..___  ---____@___H__
> -- http://www.ajh.id.au/~ajh                      oo oo  oo O--O--O o=o

We don't support upgrading Fink in place on the 10.6 -> 10.7 transition.

http://www.finkproject.org/download/10.7-upgrade.php?phpLang=en
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison