> Yep, that’s exactly what’s going on. Python uses DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> find the just-built library and that doesn’t work anymore. In theory, I
> could use install_name_tool to change the library path before tests and
> reset it after, but that would require changing a LOT of files since all
> the C-based modules point to libpython. Maybe just changing python.exe
> would suffice but I’ll need to play with it a while. It isn’t going to
> be fixed right away but I will work on it. Fortunately this only effects
> tests.

Would using rpath work to get around the DYLD_* blockage?  Easiest would
be to just add -rpath <builddir lib location> to the linking step of the
executable(s). But do the libraries needto have an install_name that
starts with @rpath in order for the rpath linker option to work?

Hanspeter

--
More agile than a turtle, stronger than a mouse, nobler than a lettuce