> On Dec 10, 2015, at 5:33 PM, Daniel Johnson <daniel.johnso...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 10, 2015, at 5:19 PM, Hanspeter Niederstrasser
>> <f...@snaggledworks.com> wrote:

>>> That may be implementation-dependent.  If armadillo just wants _a_
>>> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and doesn’t rely on it being an environment variable,
>>> that may still work.
>>>
>>> Fionna:~ hansen$ DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/sw/lib"
>>> Fionna:~ hansen$ export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>> Fionna:~ hansen$ printenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>> Fionna:~ hansen$ echo $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>> /sw/lib
>>
>> From what I understand, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH still works, but it just doesn't
>> get passed to subshells.
>>
>> So
>>
>> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/foo/lib /bin/sh BAR.sh
>>
>> will use /foo/lib successfully, but
>>
>> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/foo/lib ./BAR.sh
>>
>> (where BAR.sh starts with #!/bin/sh) will fail.
>>

> Specifically, all DYLD_* environment variables get removed when running any
> binary that is considered “protected”. That includes anything in /bin, /sbin,
> /usr/bin and /usr/sbin. So the problem is that you can’t pass DYLD_* to
> /bin/sh since it’s protected. If you were to use fink’s bash it WILL work
> since it isn’t protected but that would mean a dependency on bash. That’s
> kind of an expensive work around.
>
> DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH is the one exception that does get passed but it’s
> useless for overriding an already installed library.

Ok, the tests on python27, python34 and python35 should be fixed now. What I
had to do is change the library install_name during the tests and change back
after. However, that caused _sysconfigdata.py to be regenerated during make
install with references to %b. This is actually harmless but fink’s validator
doesn’t like it. To get around it I had to run make a second time during
InstallScript, patch the file then run make install. Took a while to figure
that out. It Works For Me but let me know if you encounter any issues.

Daniel