Two things:

1.  $ octave --force-gui --> has opened the octave GUI
2.

Bhaveshkumars-MacBook-Pro:~ dharmanibc$ fink list -it octave

Information about 9321 packages read in 13 seconds.

 i fink-octave-scripts 0.4.0-1 Convenience scripts for Octave add-ons

 p liboctave382 [virtual package]

 p liboctave382-accelerate [virtual package]

 p liboctave382-aqua [virtual package]

 p liboctave382-gcc5 [virtual package]

 p liboctave382-qtmac [virtual package]

 p octave-interpreter [virtual package]

 p octave-interpreter-accelerate [virtual package]

 p octave-interpreter-aqua [virtual package]

 p octave-interpreter-qtmac [virtual package]

 i octave-qtmac 3.8.2-10 MATLAB-like language for computations

 p octave382-cxxfix-interpreter [virtual package]

 p octave382-interpreter [virtual package]

 p octave382-interpreter-accelerate [virtual package]

 p octave382-interpreter-aqua [virtual package]

 p octave382-interpreter-qtmac [virtual package]

 i octave382-qtmac 3.8.2-10 MATLAB-like language for computations

Next, should I try to install now the control tool box again?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Bhavesh

--