On Thu, 25 May 2017 15:29:38 -0700, Alexander Hansen wrote:

>> > On May 25, 2017, at 14:58, Philip Lamb  wrote:
>>

>> > Scanning binaries for incorrect dyld linking...
>> > /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/objdump:
>> >  'aclocal.m4': The file was not recognized as a valid object file
>>

>> Start by updating fink-package-precedence. After Apple changed the behavior
>> of ‘otool’, fink-package-precedence was updated to use ‘otool-classic’
>> instead, which has the classic behavior of not erroring out when
>> encountering a non-object file.  atk1 doesn’t have a versioned build
>> dependency on fink-package-precedence (yet), so it won’t automatically
>> update the latter’s version.

Assuming your diagnosis is correct, which sounds likely, I don't think this is
specific to atk1 (it's just "whatever $user happened to try to update first"),
so no sense having a versioned bdep for f-p-p. Given how widespread f-p-p is at
low-level parts of so many packages, should it become an Essential:yes package
so that these updates get propagated more promptly to users?

dan