Hi Jason

I have been doing more testing on Yahoo and i have found some work around's that may be of interest or may provide you with an insight to what may be wrong.

First of all... with respect to the away messages not updating. This only seems to affect the default "away" and "busy" messages.... any custom ones (away/busy/idle/available) created by the user seem to update fine. These custom messages also display the full away message next to your user name when viewed in a mates buddy list.... This is very kewl and would hope this feature would remain.

with reference to the problem relating to returning to the "available" state. I have noticed that this will work if you again create a custom "BLANK" message with it's type set to "available" in the "edit away messages" window. What this actually does is it clears the text string next to your user name in your mates buddy windows. This does not work when you come out of auto idle state as fire will use the default "Available" option and not the custom one i created.

I have also noticed that when using the the default "Available" option that the wee icon in the official yahoo messenger (running on ma second compy under mac os 9.1) returns to the plain smiley face... ie back to available but the last text string will stay next to your user name. So the available command may be working, but just not clearing the text string correctly.

I hope this is a bit more helpful for ya and if ya need anymore info please mail me or message me if am around and i would be glad to help. I have absolutely no programming knowledge but i hope i can be of help in testing any changes you may make.

Thanx for your hard work

cheers
John.

You can instant message me using any of the following IM services.
ICQ# 128049753 AIM: jon791 Yahoo: johnny_baby_uk
MSN Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]