{#}  Replies are directed back to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
{#}  To reply to the author, write to Sean A Corfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Thursday, July 25, 2002, at 01:02 , Jason Townsend wrote:
> You have to be a channel admin/operator (not sure of the correct
> terminology for this). Your icon should have a red background. If this is
> the case, when you control click on yourself in the list it should have a
> Change topic... menu command.

Not true. Channels can be set so everyone has /topic privileges. That's
how our IRC channels are setup at work - anyone can set topic. Fire does
not honor the channel flags - why not just provide the menu option
regardless of what Fire *thinks* your privileges are and let IRC handle it?

> I believe there is already a feature request for us to support /topic
> like we do /me.

Well, that would also solve the problem - as long as you guys don't make
it conditional on channel op status.

-- Margaret Atwood