13.02.2012 11:37, Alex Peshkoff wrote:
> Later we have plans to have pluggable lock manager, making it possible
> to tune installation.

   I don't like the idea to put whole responsibility to DBA because it is hard
to predict
when such tuning may be required.
   How about keep 32bits offset, but automatically add more lock
tables/segments as
necessary? It is harder to code, but is a compromise between table size and
zero-administration.

--
   SY, SD.