On 13-02-2012 13:33, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:

>> * For all datatypes other than SQL_VARYING, it is first storing
>> byteArray size and then overwriting that with the byteArray, so actually
>> storing that size first is unnecessary, right?
>
> I'm not sure I understand you here.
>
>> * Is 0x20 (space) the right pad char for connection characterset NONE?
>
> Yes.

Let me add a thing. SQL_TEXT is a terrible thing for multi-byte,
specially if the client library can't parse the strings.

A CHAR(2) UTF-8 becomes 8 bytes, padded with spaces. No more
information. But not all of these 8 bytes are always relevant, it may be
only two.

So you can replace SQL_TEXT of describe_input by SQL_VARYING.

I don't remember versions exactly (it's certainly possible in trunk) you
will have the correct length in the SQL_VARYING SQLVAR. Older versions
may have the length equal to 8, as you will have anyway with SQL_TEXT.

Adriano