On 07/04/13 18:16, Paul Reeves wrote:
> On Thursday 04 July 2013 15:56:07 Thomas Beckmann wrote:
>> gsec -database 127.0.0.1/3051:test.fdb -user beckmann -password SomePwd
>> GSEC> display
>> Dynamic SQL Error
>> SQL error code = -204
>> Table unknown
>> PLG$SRP_VIEW
>> At line 1, column 129
>>
>> Very interesting...
> Yes, very interesting.
>
> I saw that error recently. I was trying to access gsec before I had added
> SYSDBA. Once SYSDBA was added and I managed to login correctly as SYSDBA (not
> easy) the message went away.
>
> Presumably you have set AuthServer correctly? And restarted the server
> perhaps?
>
> Paul

I've fixed diagnostics here. Now under this conditions one gets:
- Install incomplete, please read chapter "Initializing security
database" in Quick Start Guide

It was always a case when trying to login to the server, missing correct
data structures in security3.fdb. Now same code is added to management
plugin.

What's bad is that we still do not have Quick Start Guide for FB3 (or
may be I'm missing something?) and therefore no such chapter.
As a solution I can suggest to write
doc/README.Initializing_security_database and add appropriate text to
error message.

Next question.
What more reasons do we have (with mentioned changes done and fixed
services code for -display switch) to use old security database format
in default windows install?
I want to ask to rollback installer changes and use SRP as default
plugin in FB3 as it was initially designed.

A.