In tracker case 4212, Vlad Khorsun wrote:

        It is documented since introducing GTT in v2.1 that constraints between
temporary and permanent tables is forbidden. This requirement is per SQL
standard.

I want to be sure that this is correct (sorry Vlad), cus it seems wrong.

I can see that a permanent table should not be able to refer to a GTT, but the
reverse (a GTT referencing a permanent table) seems entirely logical and
desirable for data integrity purposes.

Sean