> The reason I was trying this was to try and answer Pavel's question - how do
> you run SuperClassic under FB3 on Windows? AFAICT it is not possible.

    Really ? :)

> I don't mind - SuperClassic seems to share the worst features of SuperServer
> and
> ClassicServer, and we should officially deprecate in FB3 (imo.)

    Probably.

> But the questions will be asked - how can we run SC under FB3?

    Isn't it was explained when shared page cache was committed ? Also, it was
clearly
stated that possible run modes could be changed before release, IIRC.

    Well, to run SuperClassic you should:

a) set in firebird.conf

    SharedDatabase = true
    SharedCache = false

and

b) run listener in threaded mode

    firebird -m [-a]

> and does it make any sense?

    It depends on what is a "sense" :) As in v2.5 SC :
- consumes less resources than CS
- is able to utilize all CPUs\cores
- allows another processes to access database
- have same stability behaviour as SS

Regards,
Vlad