>> Just a wild idea.
>>
>> We introduce a separate (very thin) fblistener.exe (fbremote or
>> whatever) binary that acts similar to xinetd on posix. It will spawn
>> firebird.exe per every user connection. firebird.exe will detect this
>> situation and explicitly pass SharedCache = false and SharedDatabase =
>> true via API into all connect calls, thus overriding any underlying
>> config settings.
>>

> Agreed.
> I think passing that config settings will be good for posix too.
> It's good to be able to switch classic/super without need to touch
> firebird.conf.

    Generally speaking, i don't like to introduce new listener. Instead, i would
think - if it is possible to make single common listener (firebird.exe\.so) to
read (per-database) configuration and derive process\threaded mode from there.

    Technically it is possible to make single instance of firebird.exe to handle
some attachment requests by forking new CS process and another attachment
requests handling by itself (SS\SC). The question - if it is possible to let him
know desired mode for given database...

    And, yes, it is also yet another wild idea (not a strong
opposition\suggestion)  ;)

Regards,
Vlad