>>> Unfortunately, according to ProcessExplorer, DBW has all embedded
>>> related libraries loaded from the Embedded directory. E.g.:
>>>
>>> fb_lock_1faa8dc000000100331f0000
>>> fb_lock_1faa8dc000000100331f0000
>>> fb_trace
>>> fbclient.dll Firebird SQL Server Firebird Project 2.5.2.26540
>>> fbintl.DLL Firebird SQL Server Firebird Project 2.5.2.26540
>>> fbtrace.dll Firebird SQL Server Firebird Project 2.5.2.26540
>>> ib_util.dll Firebird SQL Server Firebird Project 2.5.2.26540
>>> ibdac120.bpl Devart 3.60.0.24
>>> icudt30.dll ICU Data DLL IBM Corporation and others 3.0.0.0
>>> icuuc30.dll IBM ICU Common DLL IBM Corporation and others 3.0.0.0
>>
>>       I see no folders above, so i can't know from what folder each dll was
>> loaded.
>
> All coming from the same, embedded folder.
>
>>> I have also tried to explicitly set the root directory in firebird.conf
>>> as stated in the 2.5.2 release notes p. 96 regarding changes in the
>>> embedded deployment structure, when the executable is not in the same
>>> directory as the embedded library. From my understanding, that change in
>>> 2.5.2 was even necessary to have a dedicated embedded
>>> directory/installation shared by several applications.
>>
>>       I never tried to change RootDirectory and consider it dangerous. If
>> you want
>> to change something - change LoadLibrary call (or FIREBIRD env. variable, but
>> do it before attempt to load embedded library) ;)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vlad
>>
>> PS I assume fbclient.dll above is just renamed fbembed.dll, correct ?
> Yes.

Any further ideas?

Thanks,
Thomas