29.04.2014 02:02, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:

> I may be wrong as often, but AFAIU this dream may be a reality if:
>
> 1) Eliminate DFW
> 2) Perform DDL (operations with system tables) in user transaction
 > 3) Make garbage collector to handle system tables well

And reimplement the undo log to handle page-level operations to rollback
physical DDL changes.

And reimplement the metadata cache to become two-level - global and
transaction-wise, with objects in the latter overriding objects in the
former.

I'm pretty sure I've missing a dozen of other issues as well.