21.06.2014 01:52, Nikolay Samofatov wrote:

> I attach patch for this functionality to give you an idea of
> implementation. It depends on a couple other changes so it doesn't apply
> to FB2.5 cleanly.

The first thing I'm interested in is the performance impact in OLTP
tests similar to TPCC (with lots of short concurrent requests). Do you
have any numbers? If the difference is noticable, then I believe the new
mode should not become a default one, it should be turned on expicitly.

Also, I believe it should be a TPB setting (read-committed specific,
similar to rec_version / no_rec_version) rather than a config option.