On 24-6-2014 18:05, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
> 24.06.2014 17:53, Paul Beach wrote:
>> we need to keep our default behaviour as is and
>> create a new isolation level that supports the cursor stability
>> in Read Committed that Nikolay wants.
>
>     I would rather vote for a TPB flag like
> isc_tpb_insensitive_cursor/sensitive_cursor. It
> would fit isc_tpb_rec_version/no_rec_version pair.

Looking at the SQL standard, sensitivity should really be a property of
the statement (or more correctly: its cursor), not of the transaction.
Although the properties of the transaction might require the database to
downgrade (eg a snapshot transaction should never be sensitive, so the
statement will be downgraded to insensitive).

Mark Rotteveel