On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 12:51:34 +0300 Vlad Khorsun wrote

> PS The my own guess why such low limitation is documented - it is not
> practical to pass large (up to 64KB) packet over the wire every time a
> couple of events (of up to 252 registered) is fired.
>
>    Time to process this packet also matters - why waste time looking
> at
>  >200 event entries for changes in counts when just a few of them
>  >really
> changed.

Thanks, Vlad, that makes sense.

So basically, the limitation would seem to be artificial for recent
versions of firebird, but still recommended from a performance
perspective. (Which is the whole point of using events in the first
place.)

Paul
--
Paul Reeves