On 18/04/2017 15:35, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
> I just tested the UDR example wait_event declaring the SQL with CHAR(31)
> and the function that uses VARCHAR just received the relevant length.

I mean, it does not received 31 * 4, but received length 3 for string '123'.

There is some controversy which I remember that I started a discussion
if external engines should a conversion or replace the declared metadata
type, and at least in this case, it replaced.

Anyway, it's different problem than what you showed in the dump.

Adriano