Is there a way to programmatically detect a connection is using wire encryption (eg in a monitoring table or the service API)?

I'm writing a test to check if Jaybird is correctly (not) using encryption depending on its connection properties, and I'd prefer 'outside' confirmation (that is: Firebird telling me it is indeed (not) encrypted) instead of relying on the specifics of the implementation itself.

--
Mark Rotteveel