16.07.2017 12:59, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
Is there a way to programmatically detect a connection is using wire encryption
(eg in a monitoring table or the service API)?

I'm writing a test to check if Jaybird is correctly (not) using encryption depending on its connection properties, and I'd prefer 'outside' confirmation (that is: Firebird telling me it is indeed (not) encrypted) instead of relying on the specifics of the implementation itself.

  Looks for Alex answers in thread "Wire compression" from 21.06.2016.

  Response on op_info_database contains (among other data) protocol version
with optional flags about compression (Z) and\or encryption (C), for example:

P15 - no encryption, no compression
P15:CZ - encrypted, compressed

Hope it helps,
Vlad