15.03.2022 19:27, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
15.03.2022 20:17, Vlad Khorsun wrote:

For me, "created" LTT is similar to GTT (i.e. stored in the schema) but with data isolated per request (per PSQL routine).

I'd consider about CREATE'd LTT as attachment-private object. I see no need to
store its definition at the persistent schema.

If multiple procedures process the same layout of temporary data, IMHO it's handier to create such LTT definition once (as persistent) rather than declare the same LTT in the every procedure (or attachment).

  First, CREATE'd LTT's have the visibility scope and lifetime of the
attachment.
Its definition is not seen by other attachments and every attachment could have
LTT with the same name and different definition. Second, attachment could have
private part (instance) of metadata cache that will contains definitions of
every
CREATE'd LTT and every statement could use it without additional penalty.

  No need to pollute persistent schema with temporary objects and pay runtime
cost for storing\erasing such definitions.

Regards,
Vlad