Hi,

I'm having a problem when trying to connect to a database, but I doubt
that the problem is with the Firebird Server.

The environment is Windows 2008 R2 standard server with .Net 4,
Firebird 2.5RC3 and Firebird ADO.Net 2.5.2.

The error that is returned is:

Exception Source:      FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient
Exception Type:        System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Exception Message:     Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Exception Target Site: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The call stack:
   at FirebirdSql.Data.Common.IscHelper.VaxInteger(Byte[] buffer, Int32 index,
Int32 length)
   at FirebirdSql.Data.Common.IscHelper.ParseDatabaseInfo(Byte[] buffer)
   at FirebirdSql.Data.Client.Managed.Version10.GdsDatabase.GetServerVersion()
   at
FirebirdSql.Data.Client.Managed.Version10.GdsDatabase.Attach(DatabaseParameterBuffer
 dpb, String dataSource, Int32 port, String database)
   at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionInternal.Connect()
   at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.Create()
   at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.CheckOut()
   at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnection.Open()
   at DoctorDeals.DoctorDealsPMP.HasTrigger(String vTriggerName)
   at DoctorDeals.DoctorDealsPMP..ctor()

The line of code that in the function HasTrigger, I do the following
check:

            if (fbConnCommands.State != ConnectionState.Open)
            {
                fbConnCommands.Open();
            }

And, I was able to confirm that the error is triggered by the
fbConnCommands.Open().  And, it is the first time that a connection is
attempted.

This is the error that is generated on a customer's computer.  I don't
get this error on my computer.

Any ideas to help me debug this would be appreciated.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Rail