Hi,

At August-12-10, 11:07 AM, Daniel Rail wrote:

> Thanks.  I've downloaded the latest weekly build and the
> fbConnection.Connect now works.  But, I'm now getting an error when
> starting a transaction.

> The exception message is: Object reference not set to an instance of an
> object.

> Here's the call stack:
>    at
> FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbTransaction.BuildTpb(FbTransactionOptions
> options)
>    at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbTransaction.BuildTpb()
>    at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbTransaction.BeginTransaction()
>    at
> FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionInternal.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel
>  level, String transactionName)
>    at
> FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel
> level, String transactionName)
>    at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnection.BeginTransaction()
>    at DoctorDeals.DoctorDealsPMP.HasTrigger(String vTriggerName) in
> C:\Users\Daniel Rail\Documents\Visual Studio
> 10\Projects\DoctorDeals\DoctorDeals.PServerWindowsService\DoctorDealsPMP.cs:line
>  532
>    at DoctorDeals.DoctorDealsPMP..ctor() in C:\Users\Daniel
> Rail\Documents\Visual Studio
> 10\Projects\DoctorDeals\DoctorDeals.PServerWindowsService\DoctorDealsPMP.cs:line
>  38

> And, the line in HasTriggers is:
>   FbTransaction vTrans1 = fbConnCommands.BeginTransaction();

After downloading the pdb file, it gave me the line of code that
wasn't working. It was the line 474, in BuildTbp (the first line of
the for loop for the lock tables). What is odd for me, is that the
application runs on my development machine, but fails on their new
Windows 2008 R2 server, with all updates installed.  I downloaded the
source code and commented out that code and everything is working now.

I'm now seriously considering to setup a clean system for testing
purposes.

And, keep up the good work.

--
Best regards,