OK guys. First thanks for the support. It's not an easy change and
there's a lot of code already and I need to squeeze myself in, with my
concept. But here are some first numbers:

* [1] With connection pooling ON and OLD provider the application
gained about 276KB in ~30 minutes.
* [2] With connection pooling OFF and OLD provider the application
gained 324 bytes in ~30 minutes.
* [3] With connection pooling ON and OLD provider and explicitly
cleaning the pool the application gained about 1KB in ~33 minutes.
* [4] With connection pooling ON and NEW provider the application
*lost* about 2KB in ~30 minutes.

The application I'm using is not 100% deterministic. It's doing
network requests and running some timers. So it pretty much depends
when the snapshot was taken. I think results are looking good. The [2]
and [4] are basically same, similar [3] and [4].

The tests are all green and the test application (obviously) is not
crashing. That gives me like 50% confidence. :) You can find the build
here https://copy.com/Jh2ebP2sPjyv (.NET 4.5). It has same version
number, it's using same sources, only the connection pooling has been
altered. Thus you can just drop it in your application and try it run.
Or create new and stress it. Whatever you want. I'd like to hear
feedback from your. Even if it's just one quick run, let me know. It
will speed up the deploy greatly.

Also. Backporting the feature to .NET 4.0 is going to be easy. To 3.5
harder, because I rely on ConcurrentDictionary that's in 4.0 and
newer. Bummer. Ideas? Drop 3.5 support? I can implement it on my own
with locking (just for 3.5), but is it worth it?

--
Jiri {x2} Cincura (x2develop.com founder)
http://blog.cincura.net/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com