I finally got an error message on this issue.  Here is the data I pulled,
Maybe this will shed some light on what I'm doing wrong.

ErrorMsg: deadlock
ErrorData:
Procedure=DataAdapterReturnDT|SprocName=USPVALIDATESESSION|GUID=7c3713d9-26bd-43f5-ba64-5bd1eb8e3fa1|NEWSESSIONTIMEOUT=20|

ErrorStack:    at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbCommand.Fetch() in
c:\Users\Jiri\Documents\devel\NETProvider\working\NETProvider\source\FirebirdSql\Data\FirebirdClient\FbCommand.cs:line
694
   at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbDataReader.Read() in
c:\Users\Jiri\Documents\devel\NETProvider\working\NETProvider\source\FirebirdSql\Data\FirebirdClient\FbDataReader.cs:line
245
   at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping)
   at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset,
DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object
parentChapterValue)
   at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables,
IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset,
DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String
srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
   at FirebirdDAO.DAO.DataAdapterFillDTWTrans(DataTable dt, String
sprocname, SProcParam[] parms, TransIsoLvl isolvl) in
c:\FocusAppC#\FirebirdDAO\FirebirdDAO\DAO.cs:line 629
   at FirebirdDAO.DAO.DataAdapterReturnDTWTrans(String sprocname,
SProcParam[] parms, TransIsoLvl isolvl) in
c:\FocusAppC#\FirebirdDAO\FirebirdDAO\DAO.cs:line 590
   at CBT.Models.DaoAccess.DataAdapterReturnDT(String procedurename,
SProcParam[] sprocparams, Guid guid, Int32 timeout, String controllerpath,
String ipaddr, String browserinfo, TransIsoLvl isolvl) in
c:\WebSites\CBT\CBT\Models\DaoAccess.cs:line 143

The transaction level is "Snapshot"

a follow up error, with the same transaction level about 11 minutes later:
ErrorMsg: lock conflict on no wait transaction
ErrorData:
Procedure=DataAdapterReturnDT|SprocName=USPVALIDATESESSION|GUID=662a1981-a9e9-4fda-b287-3397197f0bbb|NEWSESSIONTIMEOUT=20|
[...]

Dixon

--
Dixon Epperson