On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 4:06 PM, E. D. Epperson Jr
<dixonepper...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I 'stumbled' across some code that gave me a pretty good idea.  Here is what
> I came up with, is this a good way of doing it?  Also
> what would I use for Chaos?  What is a good value for the waittimeout?

You can check sources directly. Either you use the .NET enum for TIL
or you can directly use the ISC values if you need something to
fine-tune and you know what you're doing. :) Check
https://github.com/cincuranet/NETProvider/blob/master/NETProvider/source/FirebirdSql/Data/FirebirdClient/FbTransaction.cs
.

Timeout is anything from one second up, that's how Firebird handles it.

> Finally, I need to verify my understanding of the Wait and WaitTimeout.
> Wait says if another transaction has the record, wait until either the
> record is available or until the timeout expires.  If no other transaction
> has the record, proceed with no waiting.  Is that correct?

Basically yes.

--
Jiri {x2} Cincura (x2develop.com founder)
http://blog.cincura.net/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com