Or if you have the enough nics free put both vpn nics
behind the firewall.

exmple (firewall has 4 nics) outside, inside, dmz1 and
dmz2. hope the diagram comes out ok.

outside
|        / Outside vpn nic. (dmz1)
firewall
|        \ Inside vpn nic. (dmz2)
inside

This way you can keep state of all connections, vpn
connections to the outside nic, and connections
comming from the VPN to the internal network. You can
also filter to you harts delight.

NOTE: you do need to make sure you are not using auth
header (proto 51 i think) because of nating issues.

just open proto 50 and udp 500 to the vpn. If you
can't
setup a routable ip on the vpn's outside nic, then
setup a static NAT from the outside to the vpn's
outside nic. Also note that you will need to do NAT on
the vpn to give a path for the internal network to
route back though the vpn for remote user.

just a thought...