I wonder if anyone have done this before.

I have two PIX's in different buildings that I'd like to string up to do
failover.
Currently they are standalone configs but I'll put all the configs on one
PIX, and change the routing to use the one with the config only.

Then I'd like to use the unused PIX as a failover.

I know about the failover cable and that Cisco says you should have them not
more than 1 meter apart, but they are both connected to switches that are
connected to one-another with 100 mb fiber. (The fiber will be dedicated to
the pix failover)

I have heard that it could be done, but I'm not sure if it has been done or
if it is just an urban legend. A db9 to fiber converter??

Any ideas suggestions.. shoot
Thanks
Willie