Thank you for your comments and I agree.  I am just really curious as to how
this actually works.  I think its time to call the actual middlemen (WebEx).

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Braden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 2:00 PM
To: Steven Bonici
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: Taking control of ones machine

Forgive the appearance of impertinence, but "Your management is nuts".
There
are certain phrases in the english language that you must be wary of.  "All
you
have to do is ..." is right up there with "Guess what, I am going to kick
you in
the .......... and see if you can keep a smile on your face!"

First action - close down the software.  It is your choice as to whether you
want it on the system for perhaps a valid support reason, but ... it should
never be active unless

a) You are advised by the vendor before hand along with the name of the
technician entering, and
b) The vendor must secure a new password from you each time they enter, and
c) The vendor has signed a letter or document that they will be responsible
for
theft and/or damages should they occur as a result of entrance, and
d) The vendor documents in each case why they had to enter, what actions
they
were planning, and a final report on what they actually did, and
f)  You are on hand during the entire access period, and
e)  The access period cannot go past 11:55pm and may not begin before
00:05am,
and
f}  You change the password immediately after the access.

A final caveat - the server they enter should not have security access
parameters (codes, passwords, routes, etc.) that lead to your active
business
critical files (Customer, financial, marketing and competitive files).

Otherwise, you are giving your first born son to the devil.

Anyway, Happy Holidays!

John Braden

Steven Bonici wrote:

> You have to forgive me with the following questions, as I am not sure if
> this is the right group.
>
> We have been asked by one of our software vendors to allow them to use
WebEx