-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mikael Olsson
Sent: Fri May 31 2002 07:59
To: Ben Nagy
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: a web management system for the NetGAP firewall appliance
(off-topic)

<snip>

My favourite design is a specialized app with a bare bones
encrypted connection to the firewall. This is what we do, which
indeed leaves the value my opinions somewhat questionable. In my
defense, I can say we do things this way because of my opinions
(and my colleauges'), and not the other way around.

And, no, GUI stuff isn't easily portable, so if you absolutely need
to admin your firewall from a BeOS box, web based administration is
probably a key factor. ;)

Of course, all of this is moot for a SOHO type business, which is
likely to have so many other security problems that possible
attacks against the web interface is just another drop in the sea.

--
Mikael Olsson, Clavister AB
Storgatan 12, Box 393, SE-891 28 ÖRNSKÖLDSVIK, Sweden

"Senex semper diu dormit"