Bill Royds wrote:

> The problem is that command line solutions are necessary for bulk
> changes (needing to change all  IP references to another space
> for example).

Just to be picky: a human-parseable text-based configuration file
will work equally well.

> What is starting to bug me is the number of printers, CD stacks etc.
> that are using browsers to configure them.

Not to mention switches, which get placed in more sensitive places
than printers and CD stacks :/

And, speaking of switches: some switches can dump their configuration
as text where you can make changes and push it back to the switch.
But THEN you get switches that can only dump their configurations
as a big binary memory dump that I doubt even will work with the
next version of the firmware. &%#&%#¤

--
Mikael Olsson, Clavister AB
Storgatan 12, Box 393, SE-891 28 ÖRNSKÖLDSVIK, Sweden