On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:53:21 +0100
Gour <g...@atmarama.net> wrote:

> fish: Could not connect to universal variable
> server, already tried manual restart (or no command supplied). You
> will not be able to share variable values between fish sessions. Is
> fish properly installed?

Even after building fish from the ports tree (FreeBSD), I continue
having this problem...it just happened after I did: killall firefox.

I am not getting any reply and strongly considering to leave fish and try again
with zsh.

Do you have any idea what to try in order to debug it further?

Should I submit ticket @github?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The intricacies of action are very hard to understand.
Therefore one should know properly what action is,