This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Catherine Lassesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This message is from: "Catherine Lassesen"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Here's another...
>
> How about a riding/driving program for those that
> only recreation ride and
> drive. There are much more "just riders and drivers"
> than the show
> people.... What do you think??? Record the hours you
> ride or drive each
> horse and turn them in for prizes???

I like this idea, especially if the hours could be
added up and used toward some sort of award by the
Registry - an award just for horses used for
'recreational' riding and driving, no show hours
allowed.  I know, just riding/driving these horses is
reward enough, but.... Sometimes when you offer a
horse for sale it gives you something to list as an
accomplishment by the horse - something a little more
concrete than the usual "used on trails and for
pleasure driving".  Not saying any of us would, but
technically you can say anything you want to about a
horse being offered for sale.  If there is a concrete
award system out there, with requirements, then saying
the horse has this award to his credit means
something.  Anyone else?

Mary

=====
Mary Thurman