This message is from: "Beth & Sandy - Starfire Farm" <starfiref...@usa.net>

This message is from: Me Kint <me.k...@yahoo.com>

"Question---- how did you know to have these extra people there as a
safety net?"
Parades with horse knowledge/experience require a certain number of
out-walkers per a certain number of horses. As Teressa said, originally
we were told (and it was in fact in writing) that one out-walker was
required per horse! That seemed excessive to me, especially looking at
past parade photos that didn't have all of those out-walkers...but they
stuck to their guns until about a month, month and a half before the
parade...(I think)...and we had to cut down on our numbers. So we reduced
from thirteen to seven, with only very experienced horse handlers as our
out-walkers.
I did have a plan for making it appear like a wedding party, to make it
look pleasing if we did include all 13. They didn't say where we had to
place the out-walkers! So I would have grouped all of the non-horsey
out-walkers like a wedding party and had all the horse savvy people near
the carriages. I would have been pretty. Especially since they would have
all been in bunads.
Beth