On Jan 2, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Josh Coalson wrote:

can you point to some apple docs which you like?  a lot of the
things I tried to find out about (like quicktime) either had
obsolete or inadequate info (but they were human-written) or
javadoc shells.  I hear from other developers that their docs
in the old days were much better.

Naw, the documentation for Cocoa is fantastic. Very clean, easy to find stuff.
Here's an example (or even a starting point):
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ ApplicationKit/Classes/NSApplication_Class/index.html

if you're talking about the interconnectedness of the non-API
stuff (starting at http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation.html)
it used to be more of a straight-through read, which I prefer too,
but the feedback I get is that most people want a more direct
route to solving their specific problem, so I reorganized it that
way.

Totally understood.

Ev
Technical Knowledge Officer