Susan,
Try...

aButton[i].buttonMode = true;
aButtons[i].mouseChildren = false;

On Sep 23, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Lord, Susan, CTR, DSS wrote:

Hi there,

I am programming a drag and drop using a instance array. The problem I
am having is that the instances have dynamic text within them.  I am
trying to track what symbol the user clicked so that I can drag that
instance. Well... sometimes, the program registers the button name, and sometimes it registers the text within the button. Is there a clean way
to prevent this from happening?

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

Thanks!
Susan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

var aButtons:Array  = new Array(b0, b1, b2, b3);
aButtons[0].txDrag.text= "Drag 1";
aButtons[1].txDrag.text= "Drag 2";
aButtons[2].txDrag.text= "Drag 3";
aButtons[3].txDrag.text= "Drag 4";

//var _rectangle:Sprite;
var i:Number;

for (i= 0; i < aButtons.length; i++) {
        aButtons[i].addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN,
startDragging);
        aButtons[i].addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, stopDragging);

}

function startDragging(event:MouseEvent):void {
        var count:Number = aButtons.length;
        var index:Number;
        trace(event.target.name)
for (i = 0; i < count; i++) {
                if (evt.target.name == aButtons[i].name ) {
                //drag code to be added...
                aButtons[i].startDrag();