On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Henrik Andersson <he...@henke37.cjb.net> wrote:
> Dave Watts skriver:
>> In your code, if there's nothing to read, your exception handlers fall
>> through after calling handleTcpError. At compile time, the compiler
>> has no guarantee that there'll be anything in the byte array.
>>

> So what? That is no grounds for throwing a compiler error. It's your job to
> ensure that stuff is setup properly at runtime.
>
> A runtime issue will never raise a compiler time error.

No, I think Dave has a valid point - if my ByteArray _bytes
is null - because a socket read has thrown an exception,
then the compiler might be able to recognize it (same is in Java).

But now I have added return's everywhere and
strangely it still doesn't compile.

I've searched my code for all occurences of _bytes and _nbytes too...

Regards
Alex