Hello All,
  The Flex docs aren't really clear on this, but I'm wondering if it's
possible to EMBED a SWF written for Flash 9 into a Flex 3 application,
and then access some properties on it, methods, and click events from
it.  Right now, I get an error:

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property foo_test not found on
embedded_asset_object and there is no default value.

I'm using mx:SWFLoader with an id of loadedSWF and some code that
looks like:

 loadedSWFMainTimeline = loadedSWF.content;
 testProperty = loadedSWFMainTimeline.testProperty;

Poof Error!

I've also tried casting the loadedSWF.content to Objects and the
dataClass (which wasn't right)
 loadedSWFMainTimeline = (loadedSWF.content as Object).dataClass;
 testProperty = loadedSWFMainTimeline.testProperty;

Any ideas?  The Flex documentation alludes that this won't work for
SWFs compiled to Flash Player 8 or earlier, but doesn't really
mention, nor have samples for FP 9+