From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vadim Melnik
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 2:23 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Array based class throws error for splice method call

>> There's a lot of stuff missing it seems in your class <<
Right, because I've cut source code as much as possible to simplify
test case.

>> AS3 is strong-type coding, so you need to code in everything
you're assuming it understands<<

My code compiles without errors/warnings in strict mode.

>>my first guess is to have the set/get commands and call the
splice/push methods on the actual array (maybe using "this"<<

I've played with things like this/super and other variants, but did
not find right solution. For me it sounds like a bug in Array.splice
implementation, (unless Array class is final/sealed by design and is
not allowed to be inherited).

--
Thanks,
Vadim.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Miranda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> There's a lot of stuff missing it seems in your class. AS3 is
> strong-type coding, so you need to code in everything you're
assuming it
> understands. I don't have the time to check it out, but my first
guess
> is to have the set/get commands and call the splice/push methods
on the
> actual array (maybe using "this" - think in AS2 to AS3 the
> implementation of "this" changed).

> Jonathan Miranda
>
> Flexible Master of the Web
>
> "In the game of chess, it's important to never let your opponent
see
> your pieces."
>
> HealthGrades <http://www.healthgrades.com/> : Guiding America to
Better
> Healthcare(tm)
>
> NASDAQ: HGRD
>
> w  (720) 963-3832
>
> c  (707) 761-0868
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> The message contains confidential and/or legally privileged
information
> and is intended for use only by the indicated addressee.  If you
are not
> the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, or
copy this
> e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have
> received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system.
> E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-
free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed,arrive late