Hi All,

Documentation describes mx.utils.event.ObjectEvent.property as public
String property [1]. But Flex 2 Beta 1 implements it as AS3 Object
(and we have to cast it to String explicitly, to prevent compilaton
errors). Is there reason to have other type for property name than
string? And if so what are other possible types for property name,
(perhaps QName, or something else say related to namespaced properties)?

There is also third type used to describe property name mentioned in
ObjectProxy class. ObjectProxy uses any * type for property name -
it's first parameter to getProperty/ setProperty/ deleteProperty/
callProperty and other brothers.

In my understanding (1) first parameter to ObjectProxy.<xxx>Property,
(2) ObjectEvent.property field implementation and (3)
ObjectEvent.property documentation refer to the same thing, but using
different words...

[1]
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex/langref/mx/utils/events/ObjectEvent.html#property

--